Geotek is seeking to employ an electro-mechanical technician to assist in the assembly and testing of scientific equipment for analysing geological samples.
Established in 1994, Geotek is a world leader in this specialised field, supplying equipment and services internationally to earth science institutions, oil and mining companies.
The primary duties for this position include:
- Mechanical and electrical assembly of products and development of instrumentation
- Following and developing build and production notes for product assembly
- Interpreting 3D models, schematics or technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly
- Providing quality inspection on components, sub-assemblies and finished products
- Assisting in performance and specification testing of systems prior to customer delivery
- Creation and upkeep of documentation, build files and test records for production
- Assisting in upkeep of parts inventory and monitoring of stock levels for production
- Responding to requests for parts and system servicing/repairs
- System cable layout design and installation
- Production of cables with multi-pole connectors for R&D purposes and containerised systems
- Competence with electrical / electronic fault finding practices
Qualifications and experience required:
- Engineering Diploma qualification or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience in an electro/mechanical engineering capacity
- Demonstrable ability and experience in soldering to a high standard for cable making, wiring and electrical component assembly
- Good understanding of automated system assembly techniques and safety considerations
- Good mechanical and electrical fault finding / problem solving skills
- Must be able to work as part of a small team with minimal day-to-day supervision
- Must have an awareness for workshop tooling and safety considerations
- Full driving licence
- Forklift licence useful but not essential
Salary and benefits are negotiable and will be commensurate with skills and experience.
To apply for this position please send your CV together with a covering letter or email to: email@example.com. Please let us know whether you are eligible to live and work in the UK.
No agencies please.