06 Aug Senior Field Geoscientist
The Senior Field Geoscientist role is a wide ranging and challenging position that will be based in either Brazil, or SE Asia, and in the UK. The successful candidate will be responsible for Geotek long term projects occurring within Brazil and the SE Asia region, including managing a team of geologists and technicians within a laboratory environment including all equipment, data processing, and provision of deliverables to the client.
The Senior Field Geoscientist will work within a small team and would suit a candidate with at least 5 years experience in field-based Mining, Mineral Exploration and/or Oil and Gas projects and client relationship management. The Geoscientist will use both their technical geoscience knowledge and client relationship experience to be the onsite manager and interact with the client daily. Ahead of the candidate leaving for site they will learn how to test and quality control geoscience instrumentation ahead of shipment, install equipment at a customer’s laboratory and process and deliver all associated datasets using Geotek equipment. The role will be based in Brazil or SE Asia for at least 9-12 months of the year with the remaining time based in the UK.
Established in 1994, Geotek is a world leader in its specialised field of non-destructive instrumentation and analysis of geological core samples with most of its products and services being sold overseas. We have a full order book for products and core logging services to the world’s earth science institutions, geotechnical companies, and to oil and gas and mining sectors.
Duties and Responsibilities
General responsibilities include:
- Management of all site activities including: client management, quality control and assurance, HSE, data acquisition and processing, delivery of data to client, reporting to head office
- Leading a small group of geoscientists with a focus on safety, delivery and data quality
- Oversight of set-up, calibration, and analysis of geological cores/materials using Geotek Multi-Sensor Core Logger (MSCL), Hyperspectral and X-ray CT equipment
- Must have experience of processing of datasets, production of geological logs, and report writing
- Should have experience with uploading and managing geo-data within databases
- Must have demonstrable experience of client relationship management or site management in the field
- Liaising with the customer on technical data, questions, delivery and deliverables
- Production of HSE, project progress and technical reports.
- Specific level of duties and responsibilities will be set in accordance with the individuals specific experience and interests
- The role will be based in Brazil, or SE Asia and in the UK.
Qualifications and experience requirements:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications in particular Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Accuracy, numeracy and attention to detail expected
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to work autonomously
- Good interpersonal, presentation, and organisational skills
- Must be able to speak and write English fluently
- Willingness to learn and deliver to tight deadlines
- Effective communication skills, and ability to work as part of a small team
- The successful candidate is likely to have attained qualifications in a geoscience subject and must have at least 5 years experience in the Mining or Mineral Exploration, or Oil and Gas industry. It would preferable that the candidate is able to demonstrate fieldwork experience
- Candidate should have experience with managing Geo-data within databases
- An interest in downhole logging, remote sensing or laboratory techniques would be preferred for this role
- Previous experience of working with Geotek equipment could be an advantage but is not essential
- Must have a full and clean driving license
- The position is subject to the applicant being able to pass an OGUK medical for offshore work
- Ability to speak Portuguese would be ideal but not required
- The right to work in Brazil or SE Asia would also be considered
Salary and benefits are negotiable and will be commensurate with skills and experience.
To apply for this position please send your CV together with a covering letter or email to: email@example.com
No agencies, thank you