06 Aug Office Manager and Shipping Co-ordinator
Geotek is looking for a capable and experienced administrator who can take on the role of Geotek’s office manager. The role would suit an individual who has a rounded experience within a manufacturing business involved in global export markets. The person will have worked in a similar role within a busy and growing business, and ideally will have worked across several business departments but will have specific and demonstrable experience of co-ordinating shipping, logistics and be aware of current practice and procedures. Experience of administration and processes within other functional areas such as purchasing, sales support and accounts is desirable.
The individual will have a professional demeanour and be a go-getter that sees what needs to be done and steps up to do it. The person will be a multi-tasker who is comfortable to work independently with the ability to prioritise as there are always competing tasks that need to be done against a deadline. The role will be customer facing and regularly interacting internally with sales, manufacturing and accounting departments. The right candidate will also work with the management team to assist in general company administration, HR and other employee related duties.
Established in 1994, Geotek is a world leader in its specialised field of non-destructive instrumentation and analysis of geological core samples with most of its products and services being sold overseas. Geotek operates in nearly every field of Geoscience from Oil and Gas to Mineral Exploration and Research. We have a full order book for products and services to the world’s earth science institutions, geotechnical companies, mineral exploration and oil and gas majors and our business continues to grow.
Duties and Responsibilities
Office Management responsibilities include:
- Answering the telephone, taking messages and greeting visitors
- Purchasing for office and general factory supplies
- Opening and scanning post, sending letters
- Maintaining and improving office and factory administrative systems
- Maintaining telephone other utilities contracts
- Support of internal HSE activities, booking site fire, alarm and other maintenance visits
- Managing central resources such as vehicles and their records
- Assisting managers with on-boarding new staff and training records
- Maintaining staff records, holiday and overtime hours and providing relevant information to the payroll manager
- General support for Sales administration and Accounting administration as needed
- During busy periods or when specific projects are underway, additional tasks may include such things as: Assisting with staff visa and travel arrangements for off-site projects, providing admin support to staff who are travelling overseas
Shipping and logistics responsibilities include:
- Working with the production, sales and customer service teams to arrange shipments
- Obtaining and negotiating shipping quotes from our logistics supply chain
- Preparing export documents: Commercial Invoices, Certificates of Origin, Hazardous goods, etc.
- Ensuring correct records for each shipment is obtained and filed appropriately
- Handling import customs procedures in conjunction with agent / customs broker
- Keeping up to date with new legislation affecting imports and exports
Qualifications and experience
- Excellent communication skills, confident interpersonal skills and telephone manner
- Ability to work from own initiative and to thrive in varied role
- Meticulous, with good attention to detail
- Previous significant experience in logistics and import / export operations, recognised training and qualification is an advantage
- Competent computer user with extensive Word and Excel experience. Knowledge of Xero, Zoho, Job Pro and Google Drive apps would be an added advantage, but training will be given where needed
- The successful candidate may have relevant qualifications however a proven track record in similar roles will be regarded more highly
Salary and benefits are negotiable and will be commensurate with skills and experience.
To apply for this position please send your CV together with a covering letter or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies, thank you