28 Jun Wiring and Electronics Assembly Technician
Geotek is seeking to employ a Wiring and Electronics Assembly Technician to assist in the assembly and testing of scientific equipment for analysing geological samples. The role is part of the manufacturing team reporting to the manufacturing manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working within a small but agile team, flexibility and delivery are important attributes
- Soldering and crimping of cables and sub miniature connectors
- Selecting appropriate cable and connectors for low voltage electronics and sensor applications
- System cable layout and routing on static and moving system components
- Capable of interpreting cable drawings and wiring schematics
- Aptitude for the mechanical and electrical assembly of electronics racks
- Production of cable drawings and upkeep of project documentation
- Stock management of cables, connectors and tooling
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Accuracy, numeracy and attention to detail expected
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to work autonomously
- Engineering Diploma, HNC/HND qualification in electrical engineering
- Minimum 3 years wiring / electronics assembly industry experience
- Demonstrable ability and experience in soldering to a high standard for cable making, wiring and electrical component assembly
- Full driving licence
- Forklift licence useful but not essential
Salary and benefits are negotiable and will be commensurate with skills and experience.
To apply for this position please send your CV together with a covering letter or email to: email@example.com. Please let us know whether you are eligible to live and work in the UK.
No agencies thank you.