27 Jun Junior Software Developer
The Junior Software Developer is part of an agile development team working on real-time control, display and analysis software built for Microsoft Windows. The Junior Software Developer is involved in all areas of development from design to development to testing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with a software team to help develop and integrate software for new sensors and systems built on Microsoft technologies
- Assisting our scientists and engineers with the collection and documentation of requirements, development of user stories, and estimates
- Participating in peer-reviews of developed software
- Supporting the package and release process for software products
- Implementing upgrades to existing system software
- Preparing reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software
- Working with teammates in the migration of legacy software (e.g. Visual Basic) to current Windows technologies
- Analysing and resolving technical software issues
- Following highest standard development principles to deliver dependable software
- Providing third-level support to our customers
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Experience with building native Microsoft Windows applications with either C++, C# or Delphi, but with a willingness to cross-train to another language or framework
- Knowledge of a related framework, for example Win32 API, .Net or VCL
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming
- An appreciation of the importance of thread safety
- Understanding of or willingness to learn network programming
- Good problem-solving skills
- Willingness to learn new environments and frameworks
- Effective communication skills, and ability to work as part of a small team
Geotek places importance on an individual’s ability to work independently, reliably and professionally with an emphasis on ownership and delivery. Salary and benefits are negotiable and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
To apply for this position please send your CV together with a covering letter or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let us know whether you are eligible to live and work in the UK.
No agencies thank you.