18 Dec Systems Test and Service Engineer
Geotek is seeking to employ a Systems Test & Service Engineer to assist in the assembly, service, testing and calibration of scientific equipment for analysing geological samples.
This is a new role within the company reflecting increasing levels of business worldwide. The position will be based out of our facility in Daventry, working alongside our Production and Services departments, and will also involve worldwide travel for the successful candidate.
The primary duties for this position include:
- Leading the mechanical assembly and commissioning of new systems and sensors for analysing geological materials
- Testing analytical systems and establishing calibration protocols and standards
- Operation, calibration and maintenance of geological analytical instruments
- Developing and implementing existing/new quality control test procedures and technical documentation.
- Upkeep of parts/system assembly and testing records
- Responding to customer requests for parts and system servicing/repairs
- Provide on-site installation, validation and commissioning of instruments for academic and commercial customer base.
Qualifications and experience requirements:
- Degree level or equivalent technical qualifications in electrical/mechanical engineering or physical sciences is preferred
- Experience in service and maintenance of scientific analytical instrumentation or similar equipment
- Working knowledge of computer-based systems and software configuration
- Working knowledge and ability to test and troubleshoot electronic circuits
- Understanding/appreciation of geological testing techniques would be beneficial
- Willingness to travel on installation/service visits
- Full driving licence
Geotek places importance on an individual’s ability to work independently, reliably and professionally with an emphasis on ownership and delivery.
Salary and benefits are negotiable and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
To apply for this position please send your CV together with a covering letter or email. Please state whether you are eligible to live and work in the UK.
No agencies thank you.