15 Dec Junior Engineering Designer
Geotek is seeking to fill a vacancy for a junior engineering designer, to assist in the engineering development of new equipment. Geotek is a small business (25 employees) based in Daventry that designs and builds automated machines for analysing geological samples taken from a variety of coring tools. The successful applicant will be expected to work from our site in Daventry, UK.
The primary duties for this position include:
- Designing new laboratory and field equipment associated with coring and core analysis
- Modifying existing designs
- Reporting to Senior Design Engineer as part of the Engineering Department
- Generating engineering drawings using ‘Solidworks’ ready for component and system manufacture either in house or through external suppliers
- Working closely with other engineers in the design, development and manufacture of new equipment
The candidate should be educated to degree level in an engineering subject and be looking to develop their career in a growing company. Any experience in a design and engineering role is welcomed but is not a requirement. Proficiency in the use of ‘Solidworks’ is preferable for this role as all our existing drawings are in this format.
Geotek places importance on an individual’s ability to work independently, reliably and professionally with an emphasis on ownership and delivery even though the successful candidate will become part of a close team focused on quality and innovation. Salary and benefits are negotiable and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
To apply for this position please send your CV together with a covering letter or email to: email@example.com. Please let us know whether you are eligible to live and work in the UK.
No agencies thank you.